Wednesday, October 5, 2011

induction day

Well, this week really turned out differently than expected. Since Friday night I have had a headache and been seeing spots. I assumed this was just all due to hormone changes because I just felt uncomfortable and not like myself. Yesterday at my OB appointment I realized the way I was feeling was due to high BP. Whoops. My OB sent me to the hospital for monitoring and all looked normal, but because this is something she doesn't want to mess with I am being induced tonight at 9pm. I am 40w 3d. The process starts with a balloon to get me 3cm dilated and then they begin the pitocin early Thursday morning.

We are so excited for this little miracle peanut. I keep trying to pump myself up for the labor and delivery. I can do this. After a long journey to get here, we finally get the reward.

So, now we wait until 9. I am currently on strict bedrest, so I'm just hanging on the couch soaking up my last hours pre-baby. Dexter is on bedrest too. Eric is working from home. Our whole world is about to change and it is very surreal and exciting.

Can't wait to hear, "it's a......."

3 comments:

  1. Saying lots of prayers that all goes smoothly and quickly! Can't wait to hear what Babesween is!! Good luck and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be thinking of you & anxiously awaiting the news of Babesween's arrival! Wishing you lots of luck sweetie! HUGE HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it, mama!! Congrats on your sweet baby girl! Cant wait for an update. xo

    ReplyDelete